If you love and use coconut oil in your daily activities, then you will surely be pleased with the information that you can do a lot of natural and tasty coconut oil with your own hands, and with minimal expenses! All you need is two fresh, stale coconuts and a hand blender. For details on how to select and open a coconut, see the video after the article.
So, for the preparation of almost a whole half-liter jar of natural coconut oil, you will need:
- 2 fresh coconuts;
- coconut water drained into a separate container;
- plain water;
- gauze or any other filtering fabric;
- half-liter glass jar.
The cooking process is not complicated:
1. Remove the coconut pulp from the shell, peel it from the hard dark skin and cut it into pieces.
2. Grate two coconuts on a fine grater.
3. Take a hand blender and whisk in a single mass coconut water drained from coconut and heated in a water bath to 40 degrees, and grated pulp. To make the process of whipping easier, in addition, you can add as much as coconut water, ordinary boiled water, also cooled to 40 degrees. This is necessary in order to melt the coconut oil.
4. Strain the resulting mixture through gauze or any other fabric, squeeze out with effort.
5. Drain the liquid in a clean glass jar and put it in the refrigerator until it solidifies. The next day, make holes in the oil and drain the water that formed at the bottom. You can also just put the jar upside down in the fridge, then the liquid will go down itself, and it will be easier to drain it.
From 2 coconuts, you get an almost full half-liter jar of natural, tasty and very healthy coconut oil. Store the oil in the refrigerator. It can be used in food or for cosmetic purposes.
An extra nice bonus: you will also get a whole plate of low-fat coconut chips, which is ideal for fragrant baking!
Details about the preparation of coconut oil, how to choose a fresh coconut and easy to break it, you can learn from the video below: