If you love the flavor of citrus and want to make a delicate dessert, on which you do not need to spend a lot of time, then the lemon pie “Surprise” is perfect for this purpose! Delicate, sweet, airy, with a light citrus sourness and awesome lemon icing, this cake will bring true taste pleasure to you and your loved ones. And one very unusual ingredient will come as a surprise here.
For lemon cake "Surprise" you will need the following ingredients:
- 350 grams of softened butter;
- 600 grams of sugar;
- 5 large chicken eggs;
- 400 gr flour;
- 2 tbsp. l citrus extract (you can substitute lemon juice to taste);
- 1 tbsp. l lemon peel, finely grated;
- 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda, for example, 7-Up, Sprite (the same surprise).
- 300 grams of powdered sugar;
- 4 tbsp. l melted butter;
- 1 tsp citrus extract (or lemon juice).
1. Mix the blender with sugar with softened butter. Then add the eggs, whisk until smooth. After that, slowly add flour, knead the dough. Add citrus extract or a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice and grated zest.
2. Pour in 3/4 cup lemon-lime soda (7-Up, Sprite). All whisk blender until smooth.
3. Pour the dough into a greased form, send it to the oven 180 degrees for 1 hour (be guided by your oven and the height of the form).
4. Give the cake a little cool in the oven, remove from the mold.
5. Making lemon glaze: mix a teaspoon of citrus extract or lemon juice with powdered sugar and melted butter. The resulting glaze to cover the cake.
For serving, you can decorate the lemon pie "Surprise" with mint leaves and lemon zest. Enjoy your meal!